zondag 12 oktober 2014

Pimp your earphone cord


Last week I ordered some new cotton yarn and received an additional gift from the webshop. A pack of loom elastics. I could resist this hype so far, so I had no specific loom materials. I found my spool knitting doll, which I have since I was a kid.
I love to pimp things, I pimped my earphone before with colourful Hama beads. Now it was time for something new. So I made the following earphone cord, and because I am so thrilled with the result, I made this tutorial so you can pimp your boring earphone too!!

Have fun!
JoyJonne Hooks






Do you like this tutorial?
Don't copy the images, but link to this page!



8 opmerkingen:

  1. What a smart idea! I love how colourful the cord is now. If you're looking for another place to share your projects, I would love to have you stop by Etcetorize and join our Make it Monday party. It's open now :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for your reaction!
      JoyJonne Hooks

      Verwijderen
  2. That spool knitting doll is so cute.....I didn't realize those actually worked! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Make It Monday.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It works perfectly!
      Thank you for your reaction.
      JoyJonne Hooks

      Verwijderen
  3. I could really use this on the cord I keep in my car! About how many elastics did you use? I have a small pack of them, but I'm not sure it's enough. And, I can't quite tell how you wrapped that first elastic, but it will probably make more sense once I have my spool knitter in my hand. Thanks for sharing this!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It works awesome indeed. I didn't count the elastics, but I guess about the 300.
      With the first elastic, you start than turn and go to the next pin, then turn again and go to the next pin... until you are at the first again. I think you will manage it when you have the spool knitter in your hand! Good luck! If you have more questions, don't hesitate to send me an email!
      JoyJonne Hooks

      Verwijderen
    2. Thanks for the added information! I'll check to see how many are in the package that I have. If it's not enough, I'll probably pick up a bunch so I can make it in my favorite colors.

      Verwijderen
  4. This was very easy and very cute, but it did make my ear buds heavy. I think it would have worked better on over-the-head earphones. I will try it again on a pair of those.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen